- Abstract/Travel grant submission opens – 1st May 2017
- Abstract/Travel grant submission ends – 30th June 2017
- Conference registration – 11th October 2017
- Start of the conference – 25th October 2017
Information for Attendees
All meals and accommodation will be covered for the participants.
Most applicants are expected to fund their own travel. In some cases, we may offer a bursary for up to 50% the cost of the flights. To apply for such a grant visit the application page.
About 10% of international applicants will be given full travel support covered by OIST. This is fully reserved for those applicants from developing regions of the world.
IONS Okinawa is open to students in wide range of fields as follows:
- Optical Communications
- Optical Cooling and Trapping
- Optical Metrology
- Optical Trapping and Manipulation in Molecular and Cellular Biology
- Fiber Modeling and Fabrication
- Fiber Optics Technology
- Holography and Diffractive Optics
- Image Sensing and Pattern Recognition
- Quantum Computing and Communication
- Quantum Optical Science and Technology
- Tissue Imaging and Spectroscopy
- Nonlinear Optics
- Ultrafast Optical Phenomena
All accepted participants are required to present a poster or give a talk on their recent work. A one page abstract is required for application. The templates can be found under the apply tab.
Schedule at a Glance
Note: All times are subject to change. Check the schedule regularly for updates.